Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Mean Reds


I’ve been lax in maintaining my written accounts of my latest attempt at consistency, but fear not all! I have been doing very well in the actual consistency part. I’m on Day 25 now, and have succeeded in moving my posterior almost every single one of those days.

Food is still a struggle for me, though. I have so many triggers it’s hard to keep them all straight sometimes. The worst is when I feel hateful and apathetic, or as the darling Holly Golightly said, the Mean Reds. It’s then that I just don’t care about my goals, don’t care about living healthfully, just don’t care period. It’s at these times when I can recognize that I’m eating emotionally and just keep on going because I don’t care about the ramifications.

So, I suppose I should try and address the underlying problem with the Mean Reds. But where to start? I know a lot if it stems from my frustration with my relationship with Nick. I love him so much, and as much as he makes me crazy, he’s one of the few men I’ve met that can date me and not be steam rollered. But the qualities that allow us to work as a couple also are the ones that make me unhappy.

On a less heavy front, I haven’t been weighing myself daily, as I want to get it down to once a week (down from several emotionally wrought times a day). However, I did backslide a bit yesterday and was 150.8lbs. We’ll see what the official weigh-in day (Sunday) reveals!

No comments: