Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back on the Wagon - How to


My birthday present to myself* was the Fat Loss Troubleshoot and the Metabolic Repair Manual, which I’m forcing myself to read, not skim (as I typically do). I’m hoping that by applying some science to it, I will break through this plateau.

I’m also considering the Beck Diet Solution as it addresses the mental patterns associated with successful and unsuccessful dieting. However, I can only handle so much dry diet-talk at a time, so I think I’ll wait on that for a bit.

And of course there’s the wii fit that I got for my birthday yesterday from Nick** which told me I was at the very top of my healthy range and then bluntly encouraged me to drop some pounds. I didn’t find it offensive (although Nick was told that he’s overweight and he’s been obsessing over it ever since), and I think that it will be a good motivator aside from being a more active way to spend an evening than watching the telly.

So I’ve got a little less than four weeks before bootcamp starts up again, at which time I get assessed. I plan on at LEAST being back where I was at the end of the last camp, and hopefully somewhat ahead. So let’s say 21 days.

21 days…. and GO!


* Yeah, I buy myself a birthday present. My birthday is not much celebrated what with it’s proximity to Christmas (resulting in combo gifts) and being the day before New Year’s Eve (‘cause who wants to go to a party the night before the big party?), so I just do my own thing.

** Not a hint on his part, rather a request on mine.

No comments: