Monday, October 29, 2007

Stop-Gap

I’m an emotional eater. When things are tense, and I’m feeling general malaise or ennui, I turn to food (or sometimes shopping… which is just so sadly cliché I refuse to even touch it right now).

Things with Nick are tense. We have issues, and I’m not sure how they’ll be resolved, or if they’ll be resolved, given that he is completely unwilling to discuss things, and certainly not interested in making changes. Maybe these are unfair statements, but they’re based on the impressions he gives.

Given that there won’t be an immediate resolution to the issues that are eating at me, and given that I’m not prepared to walk quite yet, I have to suck it up. I have to do my best to stop fretting constantly and stop letting it all affect my eating habits, my motivation and my sleep.

Here are the things that I believe will help restore my equilibrium;
1. Get more sleep.
2. Eat better.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Visit my friends more regularly.

There’s certainly more, but let’s not overwhelm my poor quivering brain, now shall we.

Given that it seems that I’m primary in the role doggie Mama, I can’t see sleeping in any later than 6am. So, I’ll just have to ensure that I’m getting to bed by 9:30-10:00, no matter who is over. And if I have to dip into my supply of sleeping pills, so be it.

I’m going to pair down my eats to the bare bones for the next couple of weeks (not literally bones, 'cause, ugh). Lots of vegetables, fruit, water and tea, supplimented with lean protein. I'm also going to try and reduce my coffee intake, which I think may be affecting my sleep.

Football is all done now, so I should have much more free time. I hesitate to detail it out right now, suffice it say that I will be making exercise, both cardio and strength training, a priority for the next few weeks.

I enjoyed spending time with Kristen so very much on Saturday. I have to work on this over the next few weeks. Fostering friendships is most definitely the way to prevent my head from blowing up while Nick and I are struggling through this nonsense.

Four points to try and emphasize in importance over the next two to three weeks. Can do.

No comments: