Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Still at it

Just for the record, I haven’t abandoned this endeavor yet. And while blogging daily is highly helpful to me, I have to acknowledge that it might not always be realistic. I’ve been over the top busy lately here at work, and at home we got a puppy on Sunday, and my time at home has been divided between giving him lots of love (he’s five months old, and almost four of those months were spent in a cage at a pet store, which is tragic) and trying to get him housebroken (see previous parenthesis).

However, things have been going along not too badly. I’m now 145 lbs, partly due to eating better and getting some activity in, but also partly due to the onset of my period. I’ve charted it all out, and because I’m a giant geek, I’ve included the trendline. I have to be careful about making estimates about my potential rate of loss as I have the tendency to start hanging hopes and dreams on crazy maybe’s

I feel like I’m starting to get settled in to a healthier eating pattern over the past couple of days. Not perfect by a long shot, but when eating less nutritious foods I eat sensible potions (a handful of chips rather than a whole bag), and thus far I haven’t succumb to the perfection that cab plague (wherein I try to be perfect and if I “fail”, like eating a cookie, the whole day is written off as a failure and I may as well go eat thirty cookies. And maybe some doughnuts (mmmmmm…)

Activity has been moderate. I’m still not where I’d like to be, but I’m definitely improving.

No comments: