Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Countdown

There has been a significant hiatus due to the crazy that has besieged me. But I think it’s time to acknowledge that there will always be craziness, and such is just the nature of life (unless you live on a farm. And even then the craziness would just manifest in other ways, like barn raising and quilting bees.)

My challenges were not particularly successful. I do these things in a bubble; I don’t start talking nothing but diet-babble to my friends, I don’t share my master plan with Nick, because I know that they’re boring and more than a little self-indulgent. But that means when I slip-up, there’s no to whom I’m accountable. This is something that I need to address

But enough is enough. Time to get down to brass tacks. For reals, this time. ‘Cause we’re in the final hour.

As of today, there are just over eleven weeks left before my thirtieth birthday. As of this morning, I was a grand total of 147 lbs. I want to drop 12 lbs by 30.

I got the ability (mad skillz, yo), the general know-how, and all the tools I need. And I go the cash to supplement it all as need be. Now I just have to put it all to use.

I think my plan is to weigh every day, and then take an average every Monday.

This is not a goal on which I will hang my hat. I’m pretty happy with myself most of the time right now. But I want just that little bit more. I want to be muffin-top free, and I want a better base of fitness for next football season. I want that extra tweak of confidence, a lack of self-consciousness.

I’ve got a pretty full roster of activity. I don’t think I’m going to spell them out here, because that has seemingly failed me in the past. I think I’ll just try to post here daily and discuss the woes and pitfalls (and also the wins and small joys).

No comments: