Monday, November 17, 2008

4 weeks

Bonjour, mes amies!!!!

I’ve been all over the place in terms of health and weight loss over the past couple of months, but mostly I’d give myself a fail this autumn in “Taking Care of Loey 101”.

To sum up,
I recognized that my weight had increased to the point that some of my fall/winter clothes didn’t fit properly.

I made A LOT of false promises to myself to make changes.

I didn’t.

I’ve been wearing many of the same things again and again.

I’ve gained ANOTHER few pounds. No, really.


I’m very disappointed in myself. And I miss my clothes and the ability to grab anything in my closet and wear it with confidence rather than trying desperately to find a pairing of bottoms and tops that work. And I miss just being comfortable with myself.

So here I go again. I’ve signed up for a 4 week bootcamp. I realized that on-line training plans may work in the future, but right now I need some face-to-face accountability. So every weekday morning I’m attending this camp for an hour. The woman who runs it provides individual assessment at the start of camp (I went last week) in the form of weight, measurements and body composition analysis using calipers, and then the same after camp is over.

She said that I could lose 2-4% body fat by the end of camp, and more if all my ducks are in a row. So I’m lining up the duckies, and plan on taking names and kicking butt for the next 4 weeks. I’m strongly competitive, so there’s TONS of motivation in being held up as an example of fat loss.

I’m also going to try to blog regularly and post my weight weekly (ugh).

So my starting points;
Chest – 35.75”, waist – 30.25 “, hips – 41”
Weight – 157 lbs (at her place, late day, with jeans), 155.8 lbs (at home, this morning, nekkid)
Body composition – 28.6% body fat

No comments: