Friday, February 13, 2009

Rough week

Nick and I have had a rough week. Or rather I have, while Nick doesn’t seem to realize that the spat that we had last Saturday morning, during which petty, nasty things were said, is still lingering and I’m still rolling the implication of some of those petty, nasty things over in my head.

All I’ve wanted to do is eat. I’m an emotional eater, with binge tendencies. How is someone who prides herself on being rational and practical also an emotional eater? Dunno. And yet.

I don’t have complete control over this, and I usually just try and keep the binge to a minimum. Last night it was oatmeal and brown sugar, and a few Peeps. Today it was some chocolate. I didn’t eat an unusual amount, but I ate in a sort of desperation, trying to dull my feelings of anxiety that stem from my relationship woes.

If I can stick to my plan for the rest of the day/evening then I’ll consider that a win.

4 comments:

Coach B. said...

The oatmeal, brown sugar, and peeps acutally don't sound too bad!

Hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it would be nice if we could fast forward a week...things are never as bad as they seem.

Charlotte said...

Sorry to hear about the fight! Take comfort in your friends and I hope things resolve quickly:)

Charlotte said...

Hey Girl,
Just read your comment over on my site and had to tell you: You did the right thing. You really really did. Your guilt is heartbreaking! Seriously, I've taken many emergency response classes etc. and everyone would agree that you did the best, safest thing for everyone involved. Just think - you stopped to help and got 911 called. Not many people would have done even that for a drunk, homeless man. I hope telling your story helps you feel a bit better about it because truly girl, you did the right thing. (((hugs)))

carla said...

how did the weekend go?
were you able to process through some of what you felt? journaling? talking?

reagardless, it is a NEW WEEK.