Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Learning process

The past week I’ve learned a few things about myself.

  1. I need carbs. If I drop to low I get so nauseated I actually potentially start throwing up. This happened both on Saturday and on Sunday, and the nausea didn’t abate until I had something with carbs (i.e. fruit, milk, cereal).
  2. I can’t drop my calories too low and exercise without feeling dizzy. A no brainer in some ways, but my “too low” seems to be higher than other people’s “too low”.
  3. Being in a “diet” mentality (i.e. being restrictive) will eventually make me binge.

So I’ve adjusted accordingly. I’m still worried about that effing dress, but I recognize my limits. I’m going to continue on track, but it’s a more moderate track.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I get the same way. It's my blood sugar. It drops if I don't have carbs, cheese or something along those lines.

Diet mode = binges for me too. How is the dress? Does it fit? When will you find out?